As production of the lighter, more powerful, more advanced 2016 Camaro grows near, Chevrolet revealed more details to help customers tailor their Gen Six exactly how they want it, including pricing information and an online visualizer.
LT models feature an all-new 2.0L Turbo engine rated at 275 hp (205 kW), enabling 0-60 performance of less than six seconds and more than 30 mpg on the highway (GM-estimated). An all-new, more-powerful 3.6L V-6 is available in the 2016 Camaro LT. Rated at an SAE-certified 335 hp (250 kW) and 284 lb-ft of torque (385 Nm), it offers highest specific output of any naturally aspirated V-6 in the segment.
The 2016 Camaro SS features an all-new 6.2L LT1 V-8, SAE-certified at 455 horsepower (339 kW) and 455 lb-ft of torque (617 Nm), making it the most powerful Camaro SS in history. And with improved handling and performance, it delivers better lap times than the fifth-generation’s track-focused Camaro 1LE package. Available Magnetic Ride Control active suspension enables even higher levels of capability, control and refinement.
The 2016 Camaro is produced at General Motors’ Lansing Grand River assembly plant in Lansing, Mich. Coupe models with V-6 and V-8 engines will arrive at dealers by the end of 2015, while convertible models and 2.0L Turbo models will arrive in the first quarter of 2016.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price includes destination charges ($995) but excludes tax, title, license, and optional equipment and dealer fees.
- Chevrolet MyLink with Apple CarPlay capability
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot
- Driver Mode Selector with Snow/Ice, Tour and Sport modes on all models and Track mode on SS
- Remote vehicle starter system (with an automatic transmission)
- Driver information center with color display
- Keyless access with push-button start
- Rear vision camera
- Automatic climate control
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel
- LED daytime running lamps
- Capless fuel filler
- Variable-ratio electric power steering
- 8-way power driver, 6-way power passenger seats
- Electronic park brake
- Driver and front passenger knee air bags